Canon's corporate philosophy is kyosei. It conveys our dedication to seeing all people, regardless of culture, customs, language or race, harmoniously living and working together in happiness into the future. As a truly global company we foster good relationships not only with our customers, but also with communities in which we operate and the natural environment.
In accordance with the Canon corporate philosophy of “kyosei”, Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd. (“Company”) is committed to providing innovative products and technologies to improve efficiency at home and in the office and delivering high quality products and services to our customers.
This Management Policy sets out Canon Singapore’s commitment in the areas described below. The Company is committed to regular review and improvement of the areas below for continual enhancement of its performance and to ensure all applicable legal, regulatory, statutory, corporate, contractual and other requirements are complied with.
Quality, Environment, Health & Safety (QEHS)
To provide sales, distribution and servicing of Canon products, solution and services in a manner that meets the standards and requirements of our customers. This is central to our customer satisfaction philosophy to instil confidence in our customer and continually improving Quality, Productivity, Environmental, Health and Safety performance and impress upon them to engender empathy and create new values. We will:
- Develop, implement, maintain a QEHS Management System.
- Enhance customer satisfaction by meeting customer requirements.
- Continually strive to improve processes, costs and add value.
- Provide safe and healthy working conditions for prevention of work related injuries and ill health and to place the safety and health of all employees as top priority.
- Eliminate hazards and reduce occupational healthy & safety risks.
- Improve environmental and quality performance through conservation of natural resources, waste minimisation and prevention of pollution.
- Arrange, provide, maintain and continually improve safe system of work for all employees.
- Plan safety related and incident prevention activities.
- Provide adequate training, information and instruction on quality activities, environmental protection, workplace safety and health hazards.
- Ensure the consultation and participation of our employees
To protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of business information, information processing facilities and provide a secure work environment to our employees and stakeholders. We strive to develop and implement relevant and cost-effective information security controls by:
- Classifying all business and client information as per sensitivity.
- Proactively assessing information assets risks and implementing practical and cost-effective controls to mitigate identified risks.
- Controlling changes to information systems.
- Handling security incidents through an efficient incident response process.
- Identifying, building and maintaining the competency of our employees to effectively manage the policy requirements.
- Providing continuous information security awareness and education to employees and stakeholders.
- Preventing interruption to business processes by implementing Business continuity program.
- Continuously monitoring all information system to detect and prevent unauthorized activities.
- Periodically reviewing this policy for its continued suitability and applicability.
- Providing adequate resources required to manage and support effective implementation of this policy.
To put in place and proactively manage a Business Continuity Management System (“BCMS”) designed to ensure the continuity of our business. We will continually improve our management system by periodically reviewing our BCMS and its related processes and to ensure that our staff are adequately trained and motivated. We will:
- Create and maintain business-wide risk analysis and review program and an aligned Business Continuity Plan.
- Deploy adequate resources to develop, implement, maintain and improve the BCMS of the Company.
- Continually strive to improve BCMS processes, in a cost effective and value-added manner.
- Provide adequate training, information and instruction on BCM preparedness, crisis management & emergency response and workplace health & safety.
- Communicate to our customers, channel partners, suppliers, employees and parent company, our commitment and information related to BCM.
- Maintain close relationship with governments, communities, and other interested parties and actively support & participate in community resilience and response efforts.
- Optimize the organization for promoting the Canon’s group’s global continuity efforts and promote business continuity assurance activities for the group as a whole.
To protect our business, assets, information, customers and employees from security threats in our operations. We strive to achieve the above through the following security measures and practices:
- Implementation of security risk prevention policies and processes.
- Incident management framework to ensure timely escalation, response and correction.
- Regular risk management audits and evaluation to identify and address areas for improvement.
- Creating security awareness in both our employees and contractors through regular communications and training.
- Proper contracting process and screening for our business partners and contractors.
This statement is communicated to all staff as well as published publicly for awareness to our business partners, customers and contractors. It is important that our staff, partners and contractors understand their responsibilities in connection with this statement and contribute positively to our goals.
Last Update & Approval: 1 August 2023