These terms apply to the limited warranty (“Limited Warranty”) from Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd. (“CSPL”) for Canon Large Format Printers (“Equipment”) referencing these terms and purchased from CSPL/a CSPL authorised dealer and installed by and registered with CSPL.
- The Limited Warranty is valid for 36 months in Singapore from the date of purchase unless otherwise specified (“Warranty Period”).
- The Limited Warranty is valid only for the original purchaser ("Purchaser") of the Equipment and is not transferable.
- During the Warranty Period, CSPL will attend to any failure or breakdown of the Equipment at Purchaser’s premises during CSPL’s regular business hours. The defective Equipment or parts thereof covered under the Limited Warranty will be repaired or replaced (with comparable and/or refurbished equipment or parts) as determined by CSPL in its sole discretion. Any Equipment or part thereof replaced shall become the property of CSPL. Separate charges apply together with applicable GST and will be billed to the Purchaser for the following:
|Services||Consumables||Parts & Accessories|
|Request for services outside the scope of the Limited Warranty|
(Eg. service beyond CSPL’s regular business hours and relocation /
reinstallation of Equipment).
|Toner, Developer, Drum, Cleaning Blade,|
Ink, Print head, Maintenance Cassette
- The Limited Warranty is subject to the Purchaser ensuring that the Equipment is operated properly and in compliance with applicable operating instructions and by persons who are competent and authorised to operate the same.
- The Limited Warranty does not cover any failure or breakdown of the Equipment arising from or in connection with:
(a) the negligence and/or misuse by the Purchaser;
(b) any tampering of the Equipment by any person other than the authorised personnel of CSPL;
(c) any riot, strike, fire, flood or explosion or any other acts of God;
(d) the use of software, film, tape and other peripherals and consumables and/or parts other than those provided by CSPL; and
(e) the breach of any of the provisions of this these terms by the Purchaser.
- To the extent permitted by law, and except as otherwise expressly stated in these Terms, all conditions, warranties and liabilities, express or implied (including any implied warranty or condition of merchantability, quality or fitness for a particular purpose) are hereby disclaimed and excluded. The remedies in the Limited Warranty are the Purchaser's sole and exclusive remedies. Without limiting the generality of the preceding statement, CSPL shall not be liable for any incidental, indirect or consequential damages or loss of profits/data or physical damage, injury or failure to provide maintenance in respect of any act, omission or negligence of any technician or servant or employee or independent contractor of CSPL in or about the performance or purported performance of any duty relating to the provision of the services under this Limited Warranty.
- CSPL reserves the right to terminate this Limited Warranty in the event any charges for services outside the scope of this Limited Warranty remains unpaid for more than 30 days.
- All decisions by CSPL in respect of the Limited Warranty (including repairs, replacements or issues relating to defects of workmanship or materials) shall be conclusive and binding on the Purchaser.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions or otherwise arising from or in connection with the Limited Warranty shall be deemed or construed to be a policy of insurance between CSPL and the Purchaser.
- The Limited Warranty including these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts.