This Contest is organised by Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd. (“Canon Singapore”). All persons registering or taking part in the Contest (the “Participants”) agree to be bound by these Contest Terms:
1. The Contest is open to all individual Singapore residents only;
2. The employees of: (a) Canon Singapore; (b) Canon Singapore’s advertising agencies; and the immediate family members of these employees, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
3. By participating in the Contest, each Participant represents and warrants that he/she has met the eligibility criteria stated in these Contest Terms.
4. The Contest will run from 6th December 2021 (1800hrs) to 28th February 2022 (2359hrs) “Contest Period”. Canon Singapore reserves the right to amend the Contest Period at any time.
5. To participate, Participant must;
(i) submit original photos based on the theme requested in this contest within the submission deadline.
(ii) ensure all photos are taken with a camera. All camera brands are welcome. Mobile phone camera is not allowed.
6. Only entries that are considered as complete and correct by Canon Singapore will be eligible. Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified.
7. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt, and Canon Singapore shall not be responsible or liable for any delay or non-receipt of submissions.
8. Participants shall participate in the Contest on his/her own account and shall not submit entries or participate on behalf of other persons. Multiple entries for the same theme from each participant is accepted but each participant only stand to win one prize per theme. Each Participant represents and warrants that:
(i) he/she has obtained all necessary consents, licenses and approvals required in connection with the Contest and his/her participation, and
(ii) all materials, documents and forms submitted or created by him/her in connection with the Contest are original and do not infringe on the rights of any party, including but not limited to any intellectual property rights, patent, trademark or brand name registered or enforceable anywhere in the world.
9. Nine (9) winners will be selected by Canon Singapore for this Contest. Three (3) 1st Prize winner, three (3) 2nd Prize winner and three (3) 3rd Prize winner.
Each 1st Prize winner will receive
• EOS R6 Body + RF50mm f/1.8 STM
• EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD (1050MB/s, Type C) 1TB
• EXCERIA PRO SD Card (UHS-II) 64GB
Each 2nd Prize winner will receive
• EOS M50 Mark II Kit EFM15-45
• EXCERIA PLUS SD Card (UHS-1 U3) 64GB
Each 3rd Prize winner will receive
• PowerShot G7X Mark III
• EXCERIA PLUS SD Card (UHS-1 U3) 64GB
10. The winners for the Prizes (“Winners”) will be selected by Canon Singapore based on their submission of the photos.
11. The qualified winners will be announced on Canon Singapore Instagram and Facebook page in March 2022.
12. All the qualified winners will need to redeem their prizes at Canon Customer Care Centre (1 Fusionopolis Pl, #02-20 Galaxis, Singapore 138522).
13. Participants shall ensure that they always remain contactable. If Canon Singapore fails to contact the Winner for any reason whatsoever, it may at its sole and absolute discretion elect to determine another Winner in accordance with the Contest mechanism.
14. Canon Singapore may, without notice and at any time, substitute the Prize with a prize of similar value, as determined by Canon Singapore. The Prize is given out on an “as it is” basis, and is not transferable, or exchangeable or redeemable for cash. To the extent not prohibited by law, all warranties and representations in connection with the Prize are expressly excluded. Winner shall collect the Prize in person, and shall comply with and be bound by all terms which the Prize may be subject to.
15. Based on the submitted contact details, Winners will be contacted via an email after the contest is over and the Winners have been determined.
16. The award of the Prize will be subject to verification to the full satisfaction of Canon Singapore. Any Participants who do not comply with the Contest Terms will be disqualified.
17. The Winners will be notified of the date, time, and venue of the collection of the Prizes by Canon Singapore after the Contest Period has ended.
18. Canon Singapore may, at its sole and absolute discretion, modify the Contest Terms or cancel this Contest, without prior notice to any person.
19. Canon Singapore’s decisions on all matters relating to this Contest will be final, binding and conclusive on all Participants, and no correspondence will be entertained.
20. Where the Prizes contains a specified validity period during which it should be utilised, no requests for extensions or replacements whatsoever will be entertained. The Prize which remains unclaimed by the Winner for 3 months after the announcement of the Winners shall be conclusively forfeited by such Winner, and the forfeited Prize will be dealt with at Canon Singapore discretion in accordance with applicable laws.
21. Canon Singapore may disregard or disqualify any entry, Participant or Winner, in such manner as Canon Singapore deems fit, without giving notice or reason, and without any liability to any person. In particular, no participant shall, or procure another person to, (i) tamper with the operation of the Contest, (ii) participate in the Contest in any manner which may create any prejudice to or anomaly in the scoring system or operation of the Contest; and (iii) breach these Contest Terms or any other applicable law or regulation.
22. To the extent permitted by law, Canon Singapore will not be responsible or liable for any loss, injury, death, claim, or damage suffered by any person arising out of or in connection with the Contest and Prize, and each Participant and any person acting on his/her behalf shall indemnify Canon Singapore from any claims, losses, damages, costs or expenses incurred in connection therewith.
23. Canon Singapore and its affiliates, service providers and commercial partners may use all contact information and personal data provided by each Participant to conduct verification and other actions in connection with the Contest (including but not limited to those actions stated in these Contest Terms). In addition, the above-mentioned parties may also use the personal data for any promotional, advertising (included targeted advertising) or marketing activities which Canon Singapore believes may be of interest to the Participant. This includes sending out marketing, advertising (including targeted advertising), communication and promotional materials to the Participants relating to any products manufactured, marketed, or sold by Canon Singapore and its affiliates, service providers and commercial partners.
24. Any information, personal data and material about or obtained from the Participant may be accessed, stored or otherwise processed in any medium or format determined by Canon Singapore, and may be transmitted across national borders for storage and/or processing.
25. Terms of this Contest shall be construed, governed, and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Singapore and any dispute arising out of or due to this Contest will be mutually resolved, failing which, will be referred to the jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
26. Disclosure-Each Participant acknowledges that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and Instagram. All information provided is solely provided to the Canon Singapore and not to Instagram/Facebook.
27. Canon Singapore respects the Participant’s rights and does not claim copyright over photos/images submitted to this Contest. By participating in this Contest, Participant agrees that any content submitted by the Participant may be used by Canon Singapore solely for its marketing and promotional purposes and activities in connection with this Contest and Participant grant Canon Singapore a non-exclusive, perpetual, and irrevocable license in the content for such limited use.