This patch resolves an issue that prevents scanning with a USB connection after upgrading Windows to a newer version.
If you cannot scan with a USB connection, install this patch.
If installing (or reinstalling) the MF driver, be sure to first restart (not shut down) your PC after driver installation is complete, and then install this patch.
If you are using USB scan, be aware that it may cease functioning after any future upgrades to Windows.
If this occurs, install this patch again.
After installing this patch, if the message prompting you to restart your PC is displayed, restart (not shut down) your PC.
* If you do not restart your PC, this patch will not take effect.
This patch is compressed.
Download the file.
* When clicking [Run] on the file download screen (file is not saved to disk)
1. If the User Account Control prompt is displayed, click [Yes], and then click [Run] on the subsequent Security Alert screen.
2. When the UpdateProgram2016004 screen is displayed, click [OK].
* When clicking [Save] on the file download screen (file is saved to disk at specified location)
1. Save the file to an appropriate location, and then double-click the file (double-clicking the file will create a new folder in the same location).
2. If the User Account Control prompt is displayed, click [Yes].
3. When the UpdateProgram2016004 screen is displayed, click [OK].
All software, programs (including but not limited to drivers), files, documents, manuals, instructions or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) are made available on this site on an "as is" basis.
Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd., and its affiliate companies (“Canon”) make no guarantee of any kind with regard to the Content, expressly disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied (including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement) and shall not be responsible for updating, correcting or supporting the Content.
Canon reserves all relevant title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the Content. You may download and use the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use and at your own risks. Canon shall not be held liable for any damages whatsoever in connection with the Content, (including, without limitation, indirect, consequential, exemplary or incidental damages).
You shall not distribute, assign, license, sell, rent, broadcast, transmit, publish or transfer the Content to any other party. You shall also not (and shall not let others) reproduce, modify, reformat, disassemble, decompile or otherwise reverse engineer or create derivative works from the Content, in whole or in part.
You agree not to send or bring the Content out of the country/region where you originally obtained it to other countries/regions without any required authorization of the applicable governments and/or in violation of any laws, restrictions and regulations.
By proceeding to downloading the Content, you agree to be bound by the above as well as all laws and regulations applicable to your download and use of the Content.