SINGAPORE, 3 January 2019 - Canon today announced the launch of two new Canon Native 4K laser LCOS projectors - the 4K6020Z and 4K5020Z. Both projectors measure 477.5mm (W) x 180.3mm (H) x 543.6mm (D) and weigh a mere 19kg, less than half the weight of competing Native 4K laser projectors, thus distinguishing both units as the smallest and lightest projectors in their class. Complementing the Canon line up of RS projector lenses, Canon is also launching the RS-SL07RST 4K standard zoom lens today. The RS-SL07RST projector lens is the seventh in the lineup and features Canon’s trademark red line around the barrel of the lens, signifying the highest level of Canon optical engineering and quality.
“With the launch of these two new best-in-class 4K projectors, Canon continues to aim higher in our product offerings,” said Edwin Teoh, Head of Marketing, Singapore Operations, Canon Singapore. “Canon is excited that both models feature true Native 4K resolution producing outstanding image quality that brings the projections to life.”
True Native 4K Resolution for Outstanding Image Projections
Both the new 4K6020Z and 4K5020Z Native 4K laser LCOS projectors feature an LCOS panel and Canon’s proprietary AISYS optical system that helps to deliver 6,000 and 5,000 lumens respectively. This technology, when combined with true Native 4K (4096 x 2160) resolution, helps both projectors produce a cleaner image with virtually no grid lines. These projectors are ideal for a variety of applications, including art galleries, museums, schools and medical institutions. They are also suitable for product design and simulation use where both high-quality imaging and accurate color reproduction are a must.
The laser-light source allows the projectors to start up in as little as two seconds while in Fast Boot Mode2, as compared to conventional lamp projectors that require additional time to light up and stabilise brightness. The laser-light source for both projectors can be used for up to 20,000 hours of operation. When the Long Duration Mode 23 is activated, up to 40,000 hours of operation can be expected. In addition, users are able to customise and preset their settings according to their specific preferences and needs.
The High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology of both projectors increases the dynamic range ability, expanding not only the color-gamut range but also the overall brightness. Hence, achieving more realistic and lifelike image projections. Additionally, the projectors support HDR10 and Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG), which produce broadcast-quality HDR images. HLG is becoming widely popular in broadcast industry use.
Additional Features of the 4K6020Z and 4K5020Z Projectors:
- Compatible with seven optional genuine Canon interchangeable lenses for a wide variety of applications
- High dynamic contrast of up to 22,000:1 in the 4K6020Z and 20,000:1 in the 4K5020Z. This is achieved by the combination of a powerful image engine that analyses the contrast of each frame and a double-door type shutter system which allows the iris to operate fast-tracking scenes instantly and reduces light leaks
- Covers 99.9 percent of the sRGB color space
- Supports HDMI, HDBaseT, Wi-Fi® technology and other various interfaces
- Compatible with Canon Service Tool for PJ App
- Six preset image modes provide different variations of color reproduction characteristic suitable for projection in different environments, includes Digital Imaging and Communication in Medicine (DICOM) Simulation Mode4 and additional five customisable modes that can be stored
Canon RS-SL07RST 4K Projector Lens
The new RS-SL07RST 4K standard zoom lens features the distinguished red line around the barrel, indicating the highest level of Canon design and superb image quality. The lens can project images up to 600 inches and can even project onto curved surfaces; maintaining focus in the center of the image when peripheral focus has been adjusted.
Additional Features of the RS-SL07RST Projector Lens:
- Unique Marginal Focus feature which allows incremental focus adjustment on peripheral areas of image, designed for concave and convex surfaces
- Substantial lens shift of vertical ±73 percent and horizontal ±11 percent
- Powered lens shift, zoom and focus
- Equipped with a UD lens to reduce color shift and bleeding
- Minimal luminance difference from wide to tele position as F value exhibits minor change from 2.1 to 2.4
- Deep focal length of 22.67mm up to 37.79mm
- Large zoom ratio of 1.76x
- Weighing 1.9kg, the easy-to-install lens can be conveniently secured in place or quickly taken out to be replaced with only one touch with the spigot-type lever
The 4K6020Z, 4K5020Z Native 4K laser projectors and RS-SL07RST standard zoom lens are now available at all Canon authorised dealers.
About Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Canon is a global leader in photographic and digital imaging solutions. Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd. is the headquarters for South & Southeast Asia driving sales, marketing and service strategies. Besides handling the domestic market, the company covers 22 other countries and regions including subsidiaries in India, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. The parent company Canon Inc. has a global network of more than 300 companies and employs close to 200,000 people worldwide. Canon is guided by its kyosei
philosophy that focuses on living and working together for the common good.
More information is available at https://sg.canon
1 As of 3 January 2019, for native 4K laser models from 5,000 and 6,000 lumens class of projectors.
2 Fast Boot function must be set to ON. Fast Boot function remains active up to 90 minutes from projector OFF.
3 The lifetime is only an approximation of time until the brightness decreases to half. May differ depending on the usage environment and other conditions.
4 These projectors include a DICOM Simulation Mode. It has not been cleared or approved for medical diagnosis and should not be used for these purposes.