SINGAPORE, 3 January 2019 - Canon today announced the launch of the LX-MH502Z, the first single-chip Digital Light Processing (DLP) 4K ultra-high definition (UHD) laser projector. Housed in a compact and lightweight form, the new LX-MH502Z is equipped with an innovative four-way pixel shift technology to deliver its 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution. The projector’s advanced laser phosphor light source generates up to 5,000 lumens, delivering bright and clear projections for a captivating viewing experience.
“Canon understands the importance of capturing audience’s attention and keeping their focus during presentations. With that in mind, the LX-MU502Z projector is equipped with laser DLP engine and a laser phosphor light source, to deliver bright visual displays in 4K UHD resolution.” said Edwin Teoh, Head of Marketing, Singapore Operations, Canon Singapore. “The compact design also allows for installation flexibility, to work in various environment settings.”
Key features of the Canon LX-MH502Z projector include:
- Installation Flexibility - The wide throw ratio of 1.36-2.18:1 and manual lens shift range of ±60 percent vertical and ±23 percent horizontal enables wider flexibility for installation. The compact design allows the projector to be mounted in either landscape or portrait orientation.
- Long-lasting and Reliable - The laser light source offers up to 20,000 hours1 of maintenance-free operation, keeping the operating costs low.
- Image Quality Adjustment Options - The LX-MH502Z offers both pre-set and customisable image modes, as well as a six-axis Color Adjustment function that allows users to fine-tune the hue and saturation of each primary and secondary colors. Together, these features offer a high degree of user control to achieve the high image quality.
- Versatile Connectivity - The LX-MH502Z offer users varied options to project in 4K UHD resolution. It supports dual HDMI inputs and an HDBaseT receiver, enabling uncompressed HD video, audio and control signals to be transmitted through one single LAN cable up to a maximum distance of 100 meters.
- Digital Imaging and Communication in Medicine (DICOM) Simulation Mode2 - The DICOM simulation mode is ideal for professionals in the medical education and training field who require image projection displays with superb grayscale gradation for monochrome digital X-rays, CAT scans and MRIs. This mode simulates the results of devices compliant with the Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) Part 14 standard.
Pricing and Availability
The LX-MH502Z projector retails for S$9,000 and is now available at all Canon authorized dealers.
Product Dimensions (LxDxH):
45 x 38 x 15cm
Product Weight (kg):
- Throw ratio 1.36:1 – 2.18:1
- Projection distance up to 300 inches
- Contrast ratio 50,000:1
- 4K UHD (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- Expanded connectivity with HDBaseT support
- Seven image modes – Presentation, Standard, sRGB, Cinema, DICOM and two customizable user modes (User 1 and 2)
About Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Canon is a global leader in photographic and digital imaging solutions. Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd. is the headquarters for South & Southeast Asia driving sales, marketing and service strategies. Besides handling the domestic market, the company covers 22 other regions including subsidiaries in India, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. The parent company Canon Inc. has a global network of more than 300 companies and employs close to 200,000 people worldwide. It is dedicated to the advancement in technology and innovation and commits more than 8% of its total revenue each year to R&D. Canon is consistently one of the top few companies to earn the most number of patents over the last 20 years. As a Fortune Global 500 company, Canon is guided by its kyosei philosophy that focuses on living and working together for the common good.
1 Actual hours may vary depending on usage and environment. This is not a guarantee of the life span of individual laser diodes.
2 Compliant with DICOM 14, but not approved for diagnostic applications.