- Cashback Promotion: $500
The 4th generation model of Canon’s best-selling full-frame EOS camera EOS 5D Mark IV comes equipped with 30.4-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor and highly sought-after Dual Pixel CMOS AF. High-speed, high-precision AF is realized not only for stills, but also for 4K movie shooting, making
pro-level footage a possibility.
Canon Log is also made available for users who are looking to shoot serious video footage. With this firmware upgrade, the dynamic range increases up to 800 percent, providing approximately 12 stops of dynamic range, even in low light.
Last Redemption Date : 23 Aug 2021Terms & Conditions
- Original Purchase Receipt
- Original Canon Singapore Warranty Card
Canon Customer Care Centre is located at:
1 Fusionopolis Place
#02-20 Galaxis (West Lobby)
(closed on Sundays and Public Holidays)
The EOS 5D Mark IV is equipped with a full-frame CMOS sensor boasting of a 30.4-megapixel image resolution, ensuring detailed depictions and beautiful tones that will satisfy pro photographers, particularly in landscape and wedding photography. Of all 61-points, all are f/8-sensitive, and 41 points are capable of cross-type AF. Large Zone AF complements the subject tracking powers of EOS iTR AF. The resulting highly precise AF works with all lens types, ranging from large aperture lenses to super telephotos attached to teleconverters, to produce sharp and crisp photographs.
* The number of active AF points and cross-type points varies depending on the lens that is used.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF realizes precise, speedy Live View shooting AF comparable to viewfinder shooting AF, reliably assisting 4K movie shooting where focusing precision is paramount. Individual frames can be extracted from this footage with the 4K Frame Grab function, making possible the documentation of fleeting scenes beyond what continuous shooting can capture*. The camera also supports touch screen operation of AF points for enhanced accuracy, as well as recording in Dual Pixel RAW (DPRAW) format, which contains information about subject depth to aid precise microadjustment of captured images for enhanced sharpness and resolution.
*Saving a still image from a single movie frame does not result in the same image quality as a normal still image.
This firmware upgrade for EOS 5D Mark IV features a log gamma setting that maximizes dynamic range and provides a wide exposure latitude. Canon Log makes it perfect to shoot in tricky lighting conditions where there are high contrasts between bright and dark areas, as it reduces the chance of important details missed out by over / under-exposure.
The files produced using Canon Log are ideal for post-production processes where corrections, colour matching and grading are applied and provides users with a high level of creative freedom without substantially degrading the image quality. This great added feature will certainly satisfy the photographers/videographers who were looking around for extra video capability.
Image Quality with Canon Log
• When Canon Log is set, horizontal noise stripes may appear in movies depending on subject or shooting conditions. It is recommended to shoot a few test movies and check before the actual shooting. Note that noise may become more noticeable especially when you apply strong contrast during colour grading of the shot movie.
• Horizontal noise stripes tend to appear when the subject is dark and flat or [Peripheral illumin.] is set to [Enable]. This noise may also appear when ISO speed is relatively low, such as at ISO 400.
• When the noise is noticeable, it is recommended to set [Peripheral illumin.] to [Disable], shoot in brighter exposure, and perform brightness adjustment during colour grading. Also, noise may be decreased when you shoot at ISO speed lower than ISO 400 (even though the dynamic range will be narrowed).